Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Last Day of Freedom...

This is it. The last day of freedom. School officially starts tomorrow. :(

And, just so you know, I want none of you non-teachers out there to comment about how we teachers get 3 months of summer off blah blah blah. If you really knew what my job was like, you'd tell me I was insane to settle for less than 7 months off every year.
And a company car.
And a wardrobe allowance.
And air conditioning!

Ok...enough of that.

I am in the process of weaning Ollie back into daycare. His regular in-home daycare lady is on maternity leave so we are currently using another in-home daycare lady. He spent yesterday morning and this morning there while I worked at school. I use the term "worked" rather loosely. Mostly I walked around the room wondering if the table should move here...or here. And then I wondered if I should buy a new shelf...and should I move it here...or here. And then I decided I needed to look for the lid to my purple prize box...in here:


Looks harmless, right? Umm...I'm rather ashamed to show the next picture...of the inside.


Do you see my purple prize box lid? Nah, me neither.

Don't judge. Remember, it looks like this when I close the doors!


I never did find it. Surprising, right?

I did get my lunch board finished...kinda.


Then I decided to leave the sauna school and pick up my man. We ventured to Target and headed home. This was his state upon arrival:


I guess a half day of daycare really tires a guy out!

In an effort to approach this school year with a more positive attitude, I will be thinking of one positive thing every night for the first 30 days of school.

Positive Thought #1:
I am NOT required to wear pantyhose to work. (Hopefully you aren't either.:D)

I will be reciting this phrase at 6:15 AM when my alarm goes off.
And I will be reciting this phrase as I sit through meetings...in the non-air conditioned building.
And also as I think of Ollie being watched by someone other than his mama. :(

Hmmm...Maybe I should recite it again now.

I am NOT required to wear pantyhose to work.
I am NOT required to wear pantyhose to work.
I am NOT required to wear pantyhose to work.

This could be a long year.

No comments:

Post a Comment