Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Good day

Today has been a good day. We started off the day planning to go to the park and zoo with one of my friends and her two cutie kiddos. Still in the ol' jammies complete with fuzzy teeth, I got a phone call from my dad saying they were selling cattle and wondered if they could stop by for lunch. ("They" being he and my great uncle, Orval.) Fast forward an hour and I am showered, Ollie is napping, Aaron is at work, and I am cooking. My phone rings again and it's a survey calling me to get answers about contraceptives and my views and perceptions. What I thought would be a fast survey turned into a 20 minute phone call! Not only that, but it got a little personal, if you know what I'm sayin. Sheesh man! Needless to say, when Dad and Orval arrived I wasn't quite ready. :/ So the big men got the task of entertaining the little man whilst I cooked. Not that they minded.
Ollie set them straight to work reading his favorite book, Moo, Baa, La La La. This book, it should be noted, was read 23 times the other day. No lie. T-w-e-n-t-y-t-h-r-e-e. As you can see, Guinea Pig even enjoys this book.
Orval got REALLY into the story and closed his eyes to better envision the characters. ;)
The lasagna I cooked was delish and before we knew it, the big men were hauling their cattle trailer home. :( Dad told us to be sure to read the book on the counter. My dad's tricky.
Don't you just love dads? What a dad thing to do! My dad's the best, hands down. I mean, honestly, he is. After all, if he wasn't, don't you think Ollie would have cried having a man carrying a slight (ok, more than slight) aroma of cow poo, holding his nigh-nigh (Ollie language for "blanket") and reading his favorite book? Ollie knows he's the best. Ollie's smart. :)  We went to the park but came home after only an hour. Sometimes a boy just needs a snooze. So Ollie's snoozing and I may or may not have eaten the remainder of these chocolate chips.

Like I said...it's been a good day.

2 comments:

  1. The picture of your dad and Ollie is priceless! I need to visit you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this chocolate chip caper would make a great next blog entry. ;)

    ReplyDelete