Friday, July 29, 2011

Stupidity

Want to hear something stupid?

It is nap time and I've planned to make zucchini bread for this weekend's journey to see the in-laws. (Don't you think that'll earn me a few daughter-in-law points?) Since I am a fabulously amazing daughter-in-law, I've decided to double the recipe so we will have 4 delectable loaves to snarf down. Some will have chocolate chips, some will not. (In all honesty, I plan to wrap up 2 loaves tightly in my freezer so I will have some all to myself when I come home. Selfish?...Maybe. Smart?..OH, YES!)

I have my trusty-dusty recipe from when I was in 4-H. I'm thinking this copy may date back to 4th grade. Maybe 3rd.

Don't laugh, my friends. It's important to remember where you came from. :)

My sugar and eggs are creamed. My zucchini is chopped and ready to go in.

Guess what I don't have enough of?

Oil. I only have 3/4 of a cup.

Not enough for a double recipe! Not enough for one recipe! Rats! >:/

I decided the smart thing to do was to knock on the neighbor's door. Guess who's not answering. Then I decided to call my friend Vicky and try to guilt her into bringing me over some oil. Guess who didn't answer her phone. (It's really hard to lay on a guilt trip via voicemail.) Then I decided to call Aaron and see if he can deliver me some. Guess who's out of town.

Man! Can't a girl catch a break?!

So now my fridge is full of a half-made bowl of zucchini bread dough...or slop. (It doesn't really look like dough.) And I am frustratingly patiently awaiting Ollie's awakening so we can go to the store (where I was YESTERDAY) to buy oil.

See what I mean? Stupid. Friends, don't be stupid. Make sure you have ALL of your ingredients to make yourself look like a fabulous daughter-in-law BEFORE you start cooking. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Hey is that my handwriting? It totally looks like my handwriting! Did you steal my handwriting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the future, you can sub in apple sauce or bananas ~1:1 for oil if you need to. :)

    ReplyDelete