Friday, July 22, 2011

I am...

supposed to be de-wallpapering today. This is as far as I've gotten.
Isn't that green flowery paper beautiful?? In case you're one of those fancy new-home owners and aren't accustomed to looking at homes built in 1912, that weird looking discolored part on the right of the screen is plasterboard. Neat, huh? This used to be a stairway that went down into our kitchen and sometime in the last 98 years was boarded up.

I don't know about you, but I feel as though wallpaper must have been invented by small naughty children. It probably went something like this:

Naughty child #1: "Let's take this glue stick and glue our artwork to the wall. That'll make Mom REALLY mad!"

Naughty child #2: "Great idea! I'll grab the glue sticks!"

Maybe I've been teaching naughty children too long...

I did do the little teeny tiny place that I thought would be harder than it actually was.
Don't mind our stairs that need to be refinished. (They used to have some pretty carpet on them. (That's what I like to call sarcasm, my friends.))

Ollie is napping right now and running a temp so I'm not sure what to do next. My heavy eyelids say, "Nap." I imagine Aaron would say, "Do whatever you please dear. You should probably order a pizza and I'll send a massage therapist over to the house to rub your shoulders while I remove the remainder of the wallpaper." That sounds like something he'd say...don't you think?

Problem: I need to retrieve the ol' ladder from the garage and drag it up a bajillion 12 stairs. Then I need to balance it carefully on this little landing.
That probably wouldn't be sooo hard. But then I'll have to turn the ol' ladder around and do the ceiling. Yes, they put wallpaper on the ceiling above the stairs. *sigh*
You know you've done quality work when it bubbles.
And, yes, you are seeing correctly. Our ceiling in the stairway is painted a nice dingy off-white.
Again, maybe that wouldn't be sooo hard, but this all must be done in silence. There is a 15 month teething, feverish baby sleeping 7 stairs away.

I've asked Guinea Pig for advice, but she seems less than interested. She spent her morning reading and is now "resting her eyes."
Perhaps I will join her for a short siesta. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment