Friday, July 15, 2011

Guinea Pig...the dog

Meet the laziest (although sometimes that's debatable) member of the household.

This is Guinea Pig. We adopted her in the midst of the arctic Iowa winter of 2009. Aaron had to have a puppy so we ventured out to look at a few. Look is the key word there. What do you think happened when we entered a room full of shar pei/ black lab puppies? We left with puppy in tow and not a scrap of food or supplies for the itsy bitsy puppy at home. A bajillion dollars later we had all of the essentials to raising a dog. On the trip home she fell asleep in my arms and began snoring. I said, "Wouldn't it be funny if we named her Pig since she snores like a pig?" Hence the name "Guinea Pig." (Her name at the shelter was "Blossom." She's soooo not a "Blossom.")

Most days Guinea spends her days traveling between a few spots.
The love seat. (This is her spot. My apologies if you visit our house and Guinea seems to appear rude. My guess would be that you are sitting in her spot.)
The floor vent. A nice spot to cool off one's belly after a long walk.

And the picture window. Guinea refused to pose for this picture today so, instead, I have documented evidence of her slobber spot. My mama made this window seat cover for me because Guinea used to put her paws up on the ledge and I thought the cover would protect the wood. Now Guinea refuses to put her paws up there. (What a pansy, eh?) Instead she rests her slobbery jowls on the window seat cover...after she eats, after she chews bones, after she's drank half a bowl of water...do you catch what I'm saying here? I'm not sure what the best plan of attack is...leave the cover on and let it get ruined by slobbery juiciness? Or remove the cover and let her scratch the wood? It's a lose-lose situation.

Guinea is the source of most lost socks, blankets, and undies. She enjoys dragging sticks into the house, licking Ollie's fingers and toes, and sitting underneath the high-chair during meals. She's not always the cleanest dog and doesn't always have that Orbitz clean breath, but Aaron loves her. I love her.
And Ollie loves her too.

2 comments:

  1. Which is easier...dog or baby?? Minus that whole giving birth thing....
    PS I love that you are blogging. I miss your wittiness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...tough question. Ollie doesn't chew socks or undies yet, but Guinea doesn't poo in the house...so I guess it's a toss up right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete